The Nigerian Elections Debate Group (NEDG) and the Broadcasting Organisations of Nigeria (BON) have released the names of political parties that will be participating in the 2019 vice presidential and presidential debates.
According to the statement signed by the Executive Secretary of the NEDG, Eddi Emesiri, the parties and its candidates are;
1. Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN) – Oby Ezekwesili.
2. Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN) – Fela Durotoye.
3. All Progressives Congress (APC) – Muhamamdu Buhari.
4. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) – Atiku Abubakar
5. Young Progressives Party (YPP) – Kingsley Moghalu.
The Vice Presidential debate will hold from 7 pm at the congress hall of the Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Friday, December 14, 2018, while the Presidential debate will hold just over a month later, on Saturday, January 19, 2019.
The debates will be transmitted live on all BON member stations and its affiliates as well as live streaming on all social media platforms.
NEDG and BON had announced dates for the debates on November 22 at a press conference in Abuja.
Those ignored have insisted that they deserve to be heard by Nigerians.