… Selected Hospitals, all the Communities in Anambra State to benefit.
…5000 bags of rice, 5000 cartons of Tummy Tummy noodles etc
According to the daughter of the late Dr Alex Ekwueme, who is the Chairman of the PDP Anambra State palliative distribution Committee, Dr Mrs Chidi Onyemelukwe she said, “not minding that various individual members of the the party in the state had done palliatives in the State individually, members also decided to pull resources together as a party for additional support and betterment of the state and her people.
This money will be distributed as follow;
- Dr (Mrs) Chidi Onyemelukwe led Committee on the distribution of Anambra State PDP palliative, will be addressing the press at the PDP State Secretariat, Udoka Housing Estate, Awka in company of Committee members this afternoon.
2 . The state Chairman of the party, Ndubuisi Nwobu will give pre-press conference address and official introduction of the Dr Chidi Onyemelukwe led committee to the media.
- Every community in Anambra State will get the sum of N300,000 each. This will enable the communities to give 60 least privileged persons/families in each community N5000 (five thousand naira) each, to help them to start life again and contribute to their business revival in this post lockdown era.
- There are 178 communities in Anambra State, there are some additional areas that need to be accommodated. For example Onitsha Urban area (Onitsha North and Onitsha South LGA), Obosi town (Obosi Urban and Obosi Village), Okpoko area in Ogbaru etc, are some of the communities considered as 2-in-1. This takes the total post lockdown communities’ support to N55,500,000 (Fifty five million, five hundred thousand naira).
- N52,500,000 (Fifty two million, five hundred thousand naira) will be used to provide food and other items directly to all the wards in the communities.
- Anambra PDP will also be donating items and cash worth of N12,000,000 (Twelve million naira) to Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi; Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Teaching Hospital, Awka; General Hospital, Onitsha and others.
The under-listed are the PDP members that donated this money.
Mr. Peter Obi – 40 million naira
Senator Stella Oduah – 10 million naira
Senator Ekwunife – 10 million naira
Hon. Chuchu Onyema – 5 million naira
Hon. Chris Azubogu – 5 million naira
Hon. Obinna Chidoka –5 million naira
Hon. Lynda Ikpeazu – 5 million naira
Hon. Vincent Ofumelu – 5 million naira
Hon. Samuel Onwuaso – 5 million naira
Hon Ebele Ejiofor – 1 million naira
Hon Onyebuchi Offor – 1 million naira
Hon Johnbosco Akaegbobi – 1 million
Hon Somtochukwu Udeze – 1 million
Hon Noble Igwe – 1 million naira
Hon Douglas Egbuna – 1 million naira
Chief Linus Ukachukwu – 5 million naira
Mr. Valentine Ozigbo – 2.5 million
Chief Okey Ezeibe – 1million
Chief Godwin Ezemo – 1million
Mr. Oseloka Obaze – N1 million naira
Barr. Valentine Ayika – 500,000 naira
Mr. Benjy Uba – 500,000 naira
Chief Obiorah Okonkwo – 2.5 million
Chief Ifedi Okwena – 1 million
Chief Chukwuemeka Eze – 1million
Mr. Chidi Ekwueme – 500,000 naira
Chief Ike Oligbo – 1million naira
Mrs Chidi Onyemelukwe – 1 million naira
Others – 5.5 million naira.