The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) on Thursday revealed his stance on some issues affecting the country.
Below are some important quotes from the interview which aired on Arise TV:
1. If you allow hunger, the government is going to be in trouble and we don’t want to be in trouble. We are already in enough trouble.
2. These positions have to be earned. There are people who have been there for 10 to 15 years.
3. That IPOB is just like a dot in a circle. Even if they want to exit, they’ll have no access to anywhere.
4. You know these people more than I do, and you are democratically elected to protect your people. Don’t sit idly expecting me to do everything, take action.
5. There are Kanuris, there are Hausas, there are Fulanis in Niger Republic just as there are Yorubas in Benin. You can’t absolutely cut them off.
6. You cannot sit here in Lagos, for instance, and decide on the fate of APC on zoning.