Today 27th Thursday September, 2018
News Summary from HeadLineNews365
1. The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) has insisted on its planned strike, after its meeting with the Federal Government ended in a deadlock.
The union, therefore, called on Nigerian workers to down tools, with effect from today, September 27, 2018.
2. An Osogbo High Court has ordered the police to release Fatai Oyedele Diekola,a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) and two others from detention.
The order was given by Justice A.O Ayoola on Wednesday following an application filed on behalf of Diekola; Sikiru Lawal and Segun Adekilekun.
3. An Umuahia High court in Abia state and presided over by Honourable Justice C. U. Okoroafor, Tuesday, granted an order setting aside the executives at the Ward, Local Government, Zonal and State levels of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Abia State Chapter.
The court further restrained APGA, their agents, party men, servants, privies or any other person or persons acting on their behalf from implementing or giving effect to all decisions, directives and activities pertaining to the running of the affairs of APGA in Abia State.
4. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has said that there will be consequences if the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP succumbs to pressures from ‘planted PDP Presidential aspirants’ to move the party’s National Convention away from Port Harcourt.
Governor Wike also declared that Rivers State will not support any desperate PDP presidential aspirant, who is sabotaging the economy of the state by fighting against the hosting of the party’s presidential primary in the state.
5. The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has alleged that the All Progressives Congress, APC, has started the payment of N100, 000 per vote to electorates in Osun State ahead of the rerun governorship election billed for today.
The party also accused the ruling party of planning to sell the nation’s vote in 2019.
6. Elder statesman and chieftain of the apex Yoruba social political group, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, has said that the candidate of the Social Democratic Party, SDP, Iyiola Omisore, committed political suicide by throwing his weight behind the All Progressives Congress, APC, ahead of Thursday’s governorship rerun election in Osun.
He faulted Omisore’s decision to pitch his tent with the APC, ahead of today’s rerun in Osun.
7. The police said it have uncovered plots by some highly placed politicians in Osun State to scuttle today’s supplementary election in the state.
Deputy Inspector General of Police, DIG, Joshak Habila, said intelligence report has shown that some people were planning to disrupt the election.
8. A speedboat conveying passengers across River Benue in Taraba, along Karim Lamido Lau Local Government area border has capsized leaving at least two persons dead.
Report said the speedboat was crossing the Karim-Lau trench of the River Benue with twelve people on board when it capsized.
9. The Kaduna State Police Command, on Wednesday said 16 miners have been kidnapped in Bogoma village of Birnin Gwari Local Government Area in the state.
The Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Yakubu Sabo, said the 16 miners were abducted on Tuesday night when the truck they were travelling in was intercepted by armed bandits shortly after they left their mining site on their way home.
10. The Nigeria Police Force have arrested one Augustus Akpan, 43, for allegedly threatening former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, to withdraw from the presidential race.
The Force Spokesman, DCP Jimoh Moshood, said that the suspect hailed from Edemaya village in Ikot Abasi Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.