RE: ILLEGAL SUSPENSION OF PARTY OFFICIALS IN IKERE BY OKEYA: THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER
The campaign organization of Professor Kolapo Olusola Eleka, KOECO, has slammed a spokesman for Bisi Kolawole Campaign Organization, Mr Okeya, for spreading mischief against their principal.
MrAdeola Adebisi, spokesman for KOECO, made this known through a statement on Tuesday while reacting to claim by Mr Okeya that. Professor Eleka instigated the disciplinary action against a Chairman and his Vice by leaders of a Ward in Ikere-Ekiti
The statement reads;
The attention of Kolapo Olusola Eleka Campaign Organisation -KOECO has been drawn to a misleading and spurious statement concocted by one Mr Okeya – Secretary to the Media Committee of the Bisi Kolawole Campaign Organisation, where His Excellency, the former Deputy Governor of Ekiti State, Prof. Kolapo Olusola was erroneously alleged of being behind of suspension of some wards’ party officers
This rebuttal from us would not have been necessary since it’s coming from Bisi Kolawole Campaign Organisation, which has lost focus and every acceptability from the grassroots in Ekiti.
However, it became imperative to protect the minds of innocent readers from being misled. Hence, the need to set the records straight, at least, for the sake of posterity.
Kindly note that Prof. Kolapo Olusola Eleka is a peace-loving person with a high level of decorum.
Prof Olusola has never in the past deployed dirty tactics of telling lies or constructing fallacies in his political struggles and he will never resort to falsehood in his political engagements with the public or any group including those within the PDP in the future despite the numerous blackmail and calculated attacks being orchestrated against him particularly by the Bisi Campaign Organization.
No doubt, the attention of Prof Kolapo Olusola was drawn to the “Notice of Appeal Before Disciplinary Committee”, signed by Rt. Hon. Kehinde Jayeola and Hon. Benjamen Ajibare and other Executive members of Ilapetu/Ijao Ward, which was circulated on social media specifically on 30th August 2021.
Seeing this, Prof. Kolapo Olusola called those involved to order after making an independent inquiry regarding the roots and spurs of their press release.
Our Position: Separating Facts from their Lies.
- It is within the powers and prerogative of the Ward Exco to mediate on internal issues, without involving any aspirant. After all, Mr Tosin Ajibare is also an aspirant who hails from Ikere.
- However, the information within our reach reveals that the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the said Ward have refused to coordinate the activities of the ward properly since they came on board. It is also an unavoidable truth that no Executive meeting has been held since their emergence, which negates the provisions of the party’s Constitution regarding their positions and constitutional roles.
- It was as a result of the “1” and “2” above that led to the summon sent to them to appear before a constituted panel to explain why they have refused to act according to the constitutional provisions. However, this summoning should not be misinterpreted as probably having any selfish or ulterior motive by the mischief-makers, who have nothing to offer the party and good people of Ekiti other than the poverty of deception through propaganda.
- As a University Don, he believes discipline at all levels should be elicited and sustained in any system, and would therefore not support any act of impunity or unfair judgement on any party leader or delegate based on their choice of aspirants.
- It is a shameful act of double standard on the part of Bisi Kolawole Campaign Organisation that was instrumental to the illegal suspension of Women Ward Leader of Ward 9, Ado Ekiti, Mrs Bolanle Owolabi based on her unrepentant likeness and support for Prof. Kolapo Olusola.
- It is obvious that Mr Okeya, having lost his moral sense of dignity, has sold his conscience to the devil, considering his roles in this action.
- Mr Okeya and his sponsors should be told that Prof. Kolapo Olusola’s acceptability across the state is massive. Hence, no amount of blackmail or media hatchet-job can demystify or destroy him.
- The mischief-makers have immersed series of destructive strategies through dirty political shenanigans to polarise Ikere but they failed and would continue to meet stiffer resistance from the PDP delegates and stakeholders in the community. For example, we are aware of how they were only able to manipulate just a tiny fraction of the PDP delegates in Ikere to Lagos some months ago. Their desperation through the recently juggled fake empowerment form shows that they have finally lost the grip of delegates in Ekiti PDP.
- Prof. Olusola will not join issues with anybody whose interest is to set the good people of Ikere against his ambition and overall interest of the town and Ekiti by extension. He is determined to pursue his divine call to contest for the governorship to a logical conclusion, not minding the divisive tactics of some of his opponents.
- We call on Hon. Bisi Kolawole, who also doubles as the party Chairman to call his supporters to order in the overall interest of the party. The continued media exuberance from his campaign Organisation is not healthy for the party, considering that the PDP as a party is greater than the ambition of any single individual.
Adebisi Adeola (Merry)
For: Kolapo Olusola Eleka Campaign Organisation (KOECO)
31st August, 2021